Friday, March 27, 2009

Our New Special Friend!!!!

Please let me introduce little Miss Carolyn to you guys. How cute is she?!?!?!?!? Nathan, Rod and I had the pleasure of meeting this adorable little girl and her mother (and baby brother) yesterday. But before I go any further, I need to tell you how this meeting came to fruition.
About a year ago I joined a bunko group that has some really fun and neat young ladies. They welcomed me in and we have all begun wonderful friendships that I am so thankful for. Of course, when I first joined they wanted to know about my family and children as they would with any newbie. The fact that Nathan was born with Microtia/Atresia was definitely a topic that I shared with them. Come to find out one of the girls that had recently joined this same bunko group had just had a new niece born into their family (her brother's child) that had the same birth defect. Of course over the past year or so we have discussed among ourselves little matters about the condition. This past week, Callie called me and asked if I(and Nathan) would like to meet Erin and little Carolyn. They were in town for the day and Erin wanted to ask me a few questions about our journey so far. Without hesitation, I said YES!!!!!
You see, Nathan has never met another CHILD with this same birth defect. He knows my aunt has a "little ear" as we like to call it, but for him to see another child JUST LIKE HIM!!!!! WOW! Words can not express all the feelings I had yesterday.
It was great being able to sit face to face with another mom ---validating our feelings, answering unknown answers to questions we both have had at one point, talking about future options for our little ones..etc........... Erin and her husband are also looking into using the doctor in ATL that we are seeing for Nathan's future surgeries. I was able to give her copies of all the info that he has already provided me and answer questions about him that she had. GOD is so good!!!!!

Nathan (5) and Carolyn (almost 2) ---even though she doesn't look happy, she really liked Nate and had fun at our house. The fussing was due more to the fact that she wasn't getting to go upstairs. :)

Erin, thank you so much for coming to see us yesterday. Little Carolyn is absolutely precious and I look forward to keeping in touch with you throughout her journey. Please do not hesitate to call me for anything. I know I don't have all the answers but together I am sure we can find them. I hope as we start the process with Dr. Jones that you and your family will find the peace and encouragement you need to get through it too.

And to all of my friends out there ---------we are tentatively scheduled to start Nathan's 1st surgery in June ---- hopefully June 23rd. Cross your fingers and SAY YOUR PRAYERS that the insurance co. doesn't stall us.


post signature



6 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

I love that ya'll were able to get together!! Prayers coming your way for no insurance hook ups!

by: Allison said...

I love it!! One day (soon) the Kenty's want to come to Auburn and meet ya'll. Our thoughts and prayers are with ya'll during this journey and please keep me posted.

Brandy said...

What a wonderful blessing! My prayers are always with you and your family!

Christie said...

What an incredible opportunity! When we went to the NYC conference, Nicholas ran up to me and excitedly told me that he saw a baby with a hearing aid on just like his.

Good luck with insurance, we never had any problems.

Heather said...

Prayers are a-flowin! Keep us posted.

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

That is so wonderful for Nate to have a friend he can identify with... and of course, our prayers are with you, too. Best of luck!