Monday, July 28, 2008

Raising Small Children

Okay ladies, today is already one of those days. It's only 10:00 in the morning and these sweet babies are already testing my patience. I finally have one down for a "hopeful" nap and the other is busy playing with his race track.
I decided I needed to sit down and do my devotional for the day. I grabbed my bible and upper room headed to sit down for some quiet time, (of course I am already irritated from those sweet angels testing me), and I drop my bible, spilling everything out of it. I have to smile when I tell you that the last thing I picked up to place back in its proper place was a "Prayer for Women" that my mom had given me when we started our family. I re-read it and decided my lack of patience and irritability was just going to have to be done for the day.
Here it is..........hope you enjoy!!!!

Raising Small Children
For all these smallnesses
I thank You, Lord:
small children
and small needs;
small meals to cook,
small talk to heed,
and a small book
from which to read
small stories;
small hurts to heal,
small disappointments, too,
as real
as ours;
small glories
to discover
in bugs, pebbles,flowers.
When day is through my mind is small,
my strength is gone;
and as I gather
each dear one
I pray, "Bless each for Jesus' sake-
such angels sleeping, imps awake!"
What wears me out
are little things:
angels minus
shining wings.
Forgive me, Lord,
if I have whined:
it takes so much
to keep them shined;
yet each small rub
has its reward,
for they have blessed me.
Thank You,
Lord.




post signature

7 comments:

The Rouse Family said...

I have never seen that. Thanks for putting that on here. That will always be great to look at when I have "one" of those days...or two..or three... :)

Julee H. Nappier said...

Love that! Thanks for sharing!

Julee H. Nappier said...

Happy b'day...check out my blog!!!

The Dilworth Family said...

That's awesome...thanks for sharing. Happyt B'day!!!!!

Wilson's Winners said...

That's something I need to remember EVERY day. Happy birthday!!!

Joanna said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Molly, I am celebrating at the beach for you... and my mom is drinking something fruity right now to celebrate for you!

Love, Prather

amy (metz) walker said...

Hi Molly, I hope you don't mind but I've read your blog several times by clicking over from Lauren Walker's blog. I thought this was a great post so I wanted to leave a comment!

Sometimes the more things go wrong, the harder it is to sit down and "right" ourselves before the Lord. Funny how quickly He can let us know we need to adjust our perspective! He has to do that to me more than I care to admit! ;-)