Monday, June 22, 2009

2nd Day--- Pre-Op Appts

We had our pre-op appt this morning bright and early. Nathan did great! He got to pick out a toy for Dr. Jones to bring to surgery tomorrow. As you can see he picked out a cute little horse, this he told us was dedicated to his "girlfriend" Isabel. Susie, if you are reading this I hope you are laughing just as much as I did. :)

Dr. Jones did his usual assessment and talked to us about after surgery care, prescribed us some different meds, did some measuring, and then made a tracing of Nathan's "big" ear (that is his normal one for those who don't know my terminology). He will use this tracing in the O.R. to make the new ear the same size --- or at least as close as possible. It's just amazing to me that God gave the knowledge to someone to come up with this procedure. All the glory goes to Him. Thanks for you prayers, we definitely feel them.







The guys are out swimming so I am going to go get some much needed rest before we head out to the Braves game. Pics from that adventure will come later in the week. Love to all of you! I will keep you updated tomorrow throughout the day.


post signature











9 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

Yeah for the update! He looks like such a big boy sitting there!!! Rest up:-)

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

Glad you're keeping us all updated.... best of luck!

Joanna said...

Prather looked at the pics and said "go, Nate, Nate! go, Nate, Nate!" and you know what, I agree - go, Nate, Nate! We are praying non-stop and are so proud of Nathan (and you and Rod.)

I will be calling with some happy news around Noon tomorrow!

love, joanna

by: Allison said...

Glad to see all is going well. We have been talking a lot about Nate around the Kenty house this week, and know that we are praying for Nate and the doctor tomorrow morning. (you and Rod too)
Enjoy the braves game tonight.

Christie said...

Terrific pictures! I wish I would have gotten a picture of Dr. Jones drawing the ear...that is fantastic! Hope you have good weather for the ball game and you are able to get some sleep tonight. Nicholas was excited to see the animal Nathan picked out, and said "I have that one!"

"Dear Lord, please keep Nathan in your loving arms during surgery tomorrow. Guide Dr. Jones hands and let Nathan's caregivers know how to comfort him. Let Molly and Rod feel Your peace during this anxious time. In Jesus' name, Amen."

The Rouse Family said...

Hey Molly- Praying for a wonderful surgery outcome and for God to calm Nate's little heart.

The Dilworth Family said...

Lifting you guys up!!! Thanks for the updates!

Brandy said...

What a strong little boy you have! We are praying for your strength, the doctors knowledge, Nate's bravery, and peace and comfort for all!

Halley said...

Send Nathan my love! I can't wait to see you guys soon. I'm going through major withdrawals. I'll be praying!