Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Started....update #1

OK.........now that I have gotten composure over myself and dried the tears I just wanted to let you know that they took him back at 11:15. It was hard for Rod and I to watch him go......even harder than I expected it to be. I know God is good and will watch over him (and us). I am going to try and close my eyes and imagine God holding Nathan in his protective arms throughout the surgery. ----Thanks Christie for this suggestion, it can only be a calming image.
I will update you as we receive updates from the O.R.
Rod and I are going to try and find something to eat, so bye for now.

P.S. FYI--- for those who were planning on coming to the hospital on Thurs., it seems b/c of insurance we will only be staying tonight and through the day tomorrow. They will only keep Nathan for 24 hrs. after surgery and then they will discharge him (unless there is some unforseen complications). We will still be in ATL but we will be at our hotel waiting to see Dr. Jones on Thursday for drain removal. HOPEFULLY, cross your fingers we will be able to come home late Thursday. So please don't kill yourselves trying to come here and see him. Wait and see us when we get home.

post signature

1 comment:

Christie said...

Hope Nathan isn't in too much pain. Two suggestions for you...1) ask for some tape to take with you. The second night the tape on Nicholas' drains came loose...nothing happened, but they needed to put more tape on them to hold them to his bandage. 2) We gave Nicholas the tylenol/codeine about 1/2 hour before the drains were removed. Unfortunately, it was pretty uncomfortable for Nicholas. (((Hugs)))