Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Drumroll please...................

As most of you have probably figured out by now, Nathan just completed Stage 2 surgery of his reconstruction. I can't believe we are half way done. Two more surgeries to go, but we won't think about those for right now. For now, we will enjoy school, football weekends and no more bandages for a while. WHOO-HOO!!!!!

Today was the big day.....the "unveiling " of the ear. Bless his heart (and mine) he has had that big ol' nasty bandage on his head since last Tuesday and today it finally got to come off. As you can see below this surgery used alot more "tiny" detail with all of those stitches. I am not sure how many there were BUT believe you me there were a ton of them.
We let our local ENT do the suture removal which saved us a trip to Atlanta --Thanks Dr. Blythe. So as you can see below, after we did this.........
This is the finished product :)...........
Some of you might be wondering why the ear is still so flat to the head??!?!? Well, that is just part of the stages of surgery. Stage 3 is when the ear will actually be "elevated" away from the head, making it protrude like a normal ear. But for now, I think this looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
I do sort of miss that sweet "little" ear we had all come to love but Nathan is so proud of his new ear.....and I am proud for him.








post signature

7 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

It looks even better in person! So. Darn. Good;-)

by: Allison said...

YEAH Nate!! I can't believe stage two is complete for ya'll. As I was reading the blog and scrolling down to see the pix tears just started to flow.
His ear looks GREAT!!!! Nate: good luck with school this week.

LW said...

How awesome and wonderful! We keep praying for Nathan and your family. Half way there, you need to have a half way there party :)

Chip, Allyson and Karlee Baker said...

Amazing! It looks great. I know you were ready to wash that hair too!!

The Dilworth Family said...

I am amazed...it looks SO GOOD! That's so awesome that there are such talented doctors out there!!!

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

Utterly A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Just in time for school.... I know you must be so happy!

Brandy said...

Praise the Lord for all the blessings he has given your family! It looks wonderful!