Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

November marks Dr. Jones's 20th anniversary since the opening of his practice in Atlanta. His sweet office staff sent out letters to some of his patients (pediatrics) asking us to help them make this special day memorable. They wanted pictures of our kids with Dr. Jones, notes, funny thoughts or silly drawings of ears or Dr. Jones....whatever our little one wanted to contribute.

After I explained all of this to Nathan, my little artist got to work. He worked so hard on his picture and is oh so very proud. I have added a picture of his "masterpiece" hope you like it, I thought he did a great job. Notice the ear on the operating table....this is supposed to be Nathan's new ear before Dr. Jones "put it on him". So this beautiful piece of art and a few pics we took of Nathan and Dr. Jones are on their way to Atlanta to be included in an honorary piece that will be displayed at his office. How cool is that?!?!?!? It will be so neat to see it on display when we go back in December for surgery #3.

Speaking of Nathan's ear............I have a funny story to share. Nathan went last Friday to get his hair cut (now remember, this isn't the first time he has had his hair cut since his surgeries, so where this came from I don't know) by our wonderful hair dresser Chris. As Chris was working on Nathan's hair, they were chatting about normal everyday stuff. As Chris moved to the right side of Nate's head to start trimming up that side Nathan quickly interrupted and with the most serious tone and expression said............"Be careful cutting by my ear, I just got it!". I thought Chris and I were going to roll on the ground laughing. Got to love a child's honesty! And I'm glad to know Nathan is going to be protective of that ear :)






post signature

3 comments:

by: Allison said...

this is good stuff Molly! Tell Nate I love his picture and that I will look for it when we go to visit Dr. Jones in two weeks.

LW said...

Such a cute picture and love the haircut story. Hope everyone is doing well.

Chip, Allyson and Karlee Baker said...

The haircut story is priceless!! What a smart, funny, cute boy.