Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Showing improvement....4 weeks later

The anxiousness is still there every time I look at this precious new ear (Christi, I know you know what I am talking about.) BUT, we are definitely seeing signs of improvement. The swelling is obviously still there but we are starting to see more and more definition every week. This is a slow process we have been told and to just be patient. God give me patience, Amen. The redness around the whole ear is also normal......seeing as how the healing process is well underway blood flow naturally returns or gravitates to areas of healing~~hence the red appearance.
Do you think he is sick of the picture taking yet?!?!?!? I think so!

In this last picture you can see the ear is elevated away from the head and the bright pink skin behind the ear is the skin graft that is finally showing us it is healthy. We still have one or two small areas with scabs on them but the improvement is unbelievable. Please pray that underneath these remaining scabs there is pretty pink skin too.
Let me just tell you how PROUD my little man is of his new ear. The first day back at school he proudly walked in and says to his class...."Notice anything different?" Then did a looping motion on either side of his head and said "1,2....there are 2 ears now." His class has been very receptive thus far and we have had no hurt feelings as of yet.
Those that know Nathan know that he is somewhat of a "ladies man". The girls were the cutest, I could here them saying "Nathan, I like your new ear.".....he would just thank them politely and keeping on trucking.

FYI~~~Scroll down to compare the first set of pictures with what we are looking at now. Amazing!



post signature



4 comments:

by: Allison said...

It looks great to me!!! I am glad to know he is loving having 2 ears. :)

Wilson's Winners said...

Looks even better in person! So proud of Nate Nate!!!

Unknown said...

Molly - his ear looks amazing! I love how the little girls were complimenting his "new ear" - so cute!

Tiffany said...

I saw him at church today - he looks so good!!! Smiles to you and your family!!