Monday, October 12, 2009

A Sea Turtle and Some Discipline

Two stories from our beach trip I must share with you. More so I won't forget them and I will have them documented but secondly for your entertainment.
The first full day we were at the beach, Nathan discovered his love of sea life. He, his dad and his Uncle spent some time out in the ocean..."man bonding" and came across his first sea creature. Which was the dreaded jellyfish.....Rod quickly took the net they had and scooped it out of the water, taking it the sand so Nate could investigate (from a distance, I might add). The funniest thing about it was that after he was done scoping it out, he told his dad " alright I'm done, you can put it back in the ocean". Rod tells him, "no buddy, this thing can really hurt someone, we'll just leave it out on the sand so no one gets stung." To which Nate replies "that poor jellyfish probably has a mom or dad that is looking for it and it deserves to live". So of course, Rod scooped it back up and marched it back out into the water. A pretty good ways down from where we were. Got to love my little "animal" lover.

The next day, Nathan and my mom were walking on the beach and he came across a baby sea turtle. I wish you could have seen him sprinting up the beach towards us with that sweet little turtle in his hands......he was so proud. It was priceless.

I promise we let it go......once again Rod marched out into the water to let this little guy go too.
Second story..........As we are all sitting around enjoying our afternoon cocktails, we hear sweet Stirling saying "Wilson, hold face.....No No!" over and over again. We look over and she is in the middle of some major disciplining of her cousin. Not sure what he was doing that she didn't like, but she sure had it under control.


I believe she had taken some pointers from me.....lately when Wilson needs a little talking to, I ask him to "hold mommy's face". It gives me somewhat of his undivided attention and he also knows I mean business. I guess she wanted to do it in her own way :). Got to love 2 year olds.











post signature

4 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

one word - classic!

The Galimore Family said...

Oh my goodness! I have always wanted to see a real sea turtle! How neat! I hope you aren't as scared of turtles as you are of frogs:) And that picture of Stirling and Wilson is precious!

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

How Cool is that? The sea turtle was awesome, and I love that Nate was thinking about those poor, heart-sick jellyfish parents wondering where their little baby ran off to.

Jennifer said...

Love it! I hear Joey doing the same thing to Jack all of the time!