Friday, August 22, 2008

Beach Trip part 1 & 40 years later

I haven't posted in awhile but we have been at the beach. We went down last Sunday thinking we were rolling into a disaster since Tropical Storm Fay was headed that way. But surprising enough, we had the most beautiful weather. Sunny and 85 all day long!!!! It was great. Glad to be home, but I wouldn't trade this annual beach trip for anything.
My parents have been taking my brother and I down to the same place in Panama City since we were kids. And we are still going back 15-20 years later with our kids. Mom and Dad in tow.

August 17th (the day we went to the beach) was a very special day. My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary. How awesome are they? For their anniversary they wanted to spend a whole week at the beach with all of us. We are so blessed to have such wonderful parents. They were in heaven watching all 3 of their grandbabies playing and interacting with one another. It was too sweet! We surprised them the first night down there with a very special dessert after dinner. I had a fabulous baker in Auburn make them a miniature wedding cake. You should have seen the look on their faces when we carried it in.

I will have to post pics in installments due to the ridiculous amounts of pictures Ali and I took. I don't want to over do it for you in just 1 single post. So consider this Part 1 of 3.








post signature

3 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

We had so much fun!!! The coming back and laundry part not so fun, but already looking forward to next year! Love the pics of K. Ted and Gina seeing the cake for the first time! Those are classic.

The Galimore Family said...

I'm so glad the weather was pretty for you. That picture of your family on the beach is great!

Julee H. Nappier said...

Love it! Yal look like you had a blast!
happy Anniversary T&G!