Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Round 3!!!!

Well, so far today has felt like de' ja vue...........but I guess that is to be expected. We should be total pros by now, but like last time, it doesn't get any easier sending your baby off with strangers all dressed with masks for surgery. The only thing we did different today was that I went back to the OR with Nathan, per his request. This was a little different for me, considering I am usually the person hooking up the patients and helping to take care of them.....this time all I could do was hold my baby's hand and tell him it was all going to be okay. He did good and I got through it with out any tears-----until I left the room. I stood with him and talked to him and as they put the gas mask on him, kissed him on the cheek and watched him drift off to sleep........it was something I will never forget. That image will be with me forever!

Now all we do is wait......he went back to the OR at 12:30 est time and Dr. Jones got started on the procedure around 1:30. He told us to be prepared for a 3 1/2-4 hr surgery. I will update as we receive news. Until then, enjoy some pics from yesterday and this morning.

Nathan and Rod showing off Nate's artwork/pics that are displayed in Dr. Jones's office.
The whole display----from Dr. Jones's pediatric patients with microtia! (Christie, look in the top left corner and you will see Nicholas's pic)

Waiting!!!!

And MORE waiting!!!!







post signature

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking about and praying for you guys today! Nathan is such a brave boy, and I know he will do great! Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas too!

by: Allison said...

I want you to know I haven't gotten anything done around the house today. I can't get ya'll off my mind. We are praying for a successful surgery for Nate. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Wilson's Winners said...

Hang in there - keep the updates comin'! Nate looks so calm....

Brandy said...

Brian and I truly admire the strength that you and Rod have! You are such a wonderful mommy, and I am proud to call you friend! We have been praying for you guys today!

Elizabeth Wood said...

I am praying for you!!!!! Merry Christmas!!

The Dilworth Family said...

Praying for you guys...hang in there Nathan!

The Westra's said...

Thinking about all of you today. We'll keep checking back for updates.